Wednesday, June 13, 2012

One year later.....

So here I am one year later...I am in a place where I realize I must start being active creatively.  I have let that part of me lapse and I am no longer willing to do that.  I have set three goals for myself.  Walk or exercise at least five days a week for at least 15 minutes.  Get up by early before 8.30.  ( I don't sleep at night..fall asleep in front of TV..baddddddd habit.)  Work each day on business papers....Minimum 30 minutes....And work in studio at least one hour each day.  I need a ritual to get me working each day.  Right now I am working on painting some shelves I found on the side of the curb..left by departing college kids in the neighborhood.  I kept asking men in my life to help me make some shelves for my new studio  I am making in my dining room and no one had time.  SOOOO  when I saw these shelves ugly as they were I thought well maybe I can do something with them.  I had some old sewing patterns that I use to create texture on my paintings and I decided to try and glue them over the ugly fake wood so I could try and paint the shelves.  It worked!  So now I am in the process of recreating them with my grand-daughter Lilah.  Stay posted for photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment