Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My little firecracker!


Not so crazy about July 4th holiday. I don't want to seem unpatriotic but let's face it, it's JULY it's hot, and I have no lake to cool off in. I don't have a pool to dip in, not even a hot tub in my backyard. SOOOOOO I have been cleaning and cooking the whole day in a house with no air conditioning. Well there are a few window units..but it's in the living room so I have to just sit and watch tv if I am in that room. I have AC unit in my studio but it is sooooooooooooo noisy half the time I can't take the noise and shut it off. I did make some homemade ice cream with my new Cuisinart Automatic ice cream and sorbet maker. It was so easy to use and the ice cream was super yummy. The canister goes in the freezer until you are ready to make ice cream. The ingredients are mixed up and poured down an open spout as it begins to turn. 20 minutes later ICE CREAM! Smooth, and creamy,,,,not soupy. No ice, no salt, no mess......the best part of the day! Well besides when Samara smacked my brother-in-law when he got in her face. Priceless. Love ya Samara.

No comments:

Post a Comment