Thursday, July 7, 2011

Sewing aprons

Getting ready to go and sew some aprons....seems like the only time I get to work is late at night. I like sewing when it's quiet and I am alone so I guess that makes sense. The only problem is my eye sight...they just don't work as well as they use to..LOL. I have also been putting the final touches on my garden which I will take some photos of tomorrow so I can share them here. I have been dismayed to discover that some plants I bought which were marked as cucumbers have turned out to be Squash! It better not be that dreaded big yellow crook neck squash. Why don't the rabbits and other small animals that raid my garden leaving behind tomatoes with one bite out of them....EVER eat that dreaded squash?
At least we have had some good rains in the last few days so I don't have to run up the water bill soaking the garden.

Tomorrow I plant the beans I purchased from the vendors next to me at the Greater Springfield Farmers Market. I am planting them with the stakes that form a teepee . When the beans grow up the stakes they make a cute teepee the kids can sit under...when they come back from visiting their dad.

Happy stitches!

No comments:

Post a Comment